Thursday, January 30, 2014

Software recommendation for Elementary Buildings

 

Website: Learning A-Z 
Recommended Programs:  Reading A-Z & Raz Kids
Cost: $$$- Well worth the money!
Rating by Jules~ 5 Stars
Difficulty Level:  Beginner
Grade:  Pre K- 5

Today I am going to take a minute to RAVE about Reading A-Z and Raz Kids. These are two separate learning strategies and they are offered by one company called Learning A-Z. Students and Teachers absolutely love each of these programs.   One of our Teachers recently emailed me the following statement:   "Reading A-Z and Raz-kids are the best instructional programs we have ever used".  These two programs are awesome in a couple of ways.  First is the price!  Now don't get me wrong,  I always LOVE to get apps and programs for FREE, but I also know that when I do pay some money I end up with so many more capabilities and options.  Anyway, both Raz Kids and Reading A-Z are affordable and worth every penny!

Reading A-Z  offers printable books, correlating worksheets, graphic organizers, quizzes and correlations to state standards.  They update their material every 4-6 weeks.  Raz Kids is available as an app for the iPad and offers a login for students with animated books with comprehensive quizzes for fluency, a management tool for teachers and stars for students to earn (and spend for fun rewards).

No comments:

Post a Comment